Abseiling Proficiency Badge Skills
This activity will be covered on the Training Day.
Demonstrate thorough knowledge of:
- tape knot, including tie offs
- figure 8 on the bight
- the correct fitting of a harness
- clipping onto the abseil rope
- checking the system and the importance of having a second person check the system
- a mock abseil on flat ground
- suitable protective clothing for all seasons
- the importance of using appropriate equipment and ropes
- the basic rules for the use and care of equipment
WARNING: Some activities covered on this website can be dangerous. Undertaking them without proper training, experience, skill, regard to safety, and equipment could result in serious injury or death.