From ARC Scouts
Welcome to a new year of Scouting.
Big year of events this year leading up to AJ2019.
The first Mindari for 2018 will be on Monday 7.00m, 26/2/18 at the Scout Shop.
It is important all Troops are represented at the meeting.
Find attached information in-regards to our Founder Day Ceremony which will be held at the Masonic Temple on the 23rd February.
It would be great to see a big number of Scouts in attendance.
Find attached a C4 for the first Try Abseiling day for the year which is been held on the 25th of March.
Closing date for application is the 3rd of March.
Scouts that have not done abseiling before will get first preference.
Maximum numbers 20 Scouts.
For those that read the Queensland Scouts life on the Branch website would be aware of the changes to the Leadership course.
The rules for the Project has changed.
- Project must be completed within 8 weeks after the course
- Project must be a weekend activity.
- Scouts must plan projects before the Leadership course.
- Scouts must bring project information to the Leadership course and do a presentation.
Due to these changes the Leadership course is a bit later in the year than normal. April 28-29.
Its important Troop councils & Leaders take this into account when doing their Troop programming.
Can you all please send me your Long term and medium term programs by the end of February .
This will give troops plenty of time to have their Patrol and Troop councils to complete programming.
Remember it’s important the Scouts create the program, with a bit of guidance from Leaders.
Blue level & Green level Hikes
A few important points to remember.
- Follow the Journey plan
- Examiner must be notified a least two months before hike
- Examiner must have completed Journey plan 4 weeks before hike.
- We only have two examiners, Mango & myself. Hoping to have a third in the near future
- Log must be completed and handed in to Hike Examiner within 6 weeks after the hike.
These rules must be followed by all to make it fair on all Scouts.
When the Scouts complete their Scout Medallion, Leaders have to put an application into Branch.
That application must be approved by myself and RC before it goes to branch.
If the Journey plan is not completed as per the above rules, the application will be rejected.
So please make sure the Scouts are fully aware of the rules. I would hate to see disappointed kids.
If you have any new Leaders, can you please send their details to me so I can add them onto my mailing list.
ARC – Scouts